Food

A taste of summer

May 22, 2013

Photo-20-05-13-12.26

I made a rhubarb crumble pie last weekend for a lunch with friends. It’s very easy to make and tastes like a perfect Danish summer’s day.

The rhubarb season has just begun and will last all summer (yay!).

This is what you need:

400 grams of rhubarb, cut into small pieces
150 grams of cane sugar
the seeds from one vanilla pod

125 grams of cold butter
75 grams of cane sugar
100 grams of wheat flour
50 grams of oatmeal
50 grams of chopped almonds

Serve it with whipped cream, sour cream, ice cream og like I did with vanilla cream.
Photo-20-05-13-12.27
Cut the rhubarb into small pieces. Mix the seeds from the vanilla pod with the sugar and sprinkle it over the rhubarbs in a pie dish.

Cut the cold butter into tiny squares and crumble it into the flour. Mix it with sugar, almonds and oatmeal. Pour it on top of the rhubarbs.

Bake the pie for 35 min. in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C.
Photo-20-05-13-14.27
Easy peasy! Serve it while it’s hot and enjoy the delightful taste of summer.
Photo-20-05-13-14.40
© thatnordicfeeling

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Reply FjordBy May 22, 2013 at 08:34

NAM!
    Må definitivt testes ut!
    Nå som rabarbaraen begynner å vokse seg til skal jeg stikke ut på slang til naboen og teste ut denne paien ;)

Ha en videre deilig dag!
    Klem :)

Reply Rikke May 22, 2013 at 08:47

Ih hvor skønt, at naboen har rabarber i haven! Denne tærte kan helt sikkert anbefales – den er super nem at lave og smager rigtig godt :-)

Rigtig god dag til dig også!
      Klem, R

Reply Sofie Skou May 22, 2013 at 08:36

Mmm, har selv lige plantet en rabarber i haven – glæder mig til at lave alskens lækkerier med den! :)

Reply Rikke May 22, 2013 at 08:49

Skønt at være selvforsynende! Rabarber smager skønt og man kan lave så maneger mad og desserter med dem. Denne her tærte kan virkelige anbefales – den kan laves i en håndevending :-)

Reply Ruth May 22, 2013 at 14:12

Mmm! Looks delicious. I might even give it a go this weekend (and I’m really not a good cook!). Thanks for the recepie. X

Reply Rikke May 22, 2013 at 14:28

Then this is the perfect recipe for you – I promise, you can’t mess this up! It is so easy to do :-) xx

Reply Sanne-Maria Bjerno June 9, 2013 at 21:22

I looove that cake. The best crumble pie I ever tasted. Thanks for the recipe.

Reply Rikke June 10, 2013 at 22:56

Tak smukke. Du er den bedste at lave dessert til! ;)

• Reply A weekend away | thatnordicfeeling June 19, 2013 at 07:02

[…] winning combo in my book any day! Btw, you can find the recipe for this delicious rhubarb crumble right here, if you feel inspired. We have baby birds growing in the bird house! Cocktail hour and Mojitos, […]

• Reply A sugar and gluten-free treat | that nordic feeling April 24, 2014 at 15:19

[…] Yesterday on our trip we stopped by a few little farm shops on our way and we found these heavenly organic rhubarbs. I do love rhubarb season (I shared my favourite rhubarb crumble recipe right here). […]