DIY: Little townhouses

May 24, 2013

Photo-20-05-13-16.51
House shapes are popping up everywhere these days. Ferm Living, Bloomingville and Aplicata to name a few are using them in their spring collection.
Photo-20-05-13-13.53
So I decided to make my own. All it took was a massive wooden stud (I used one in oak), a mitre saw (or a handy friend that has one!) and some acrylic paint to decorate the rooftops with.
Photo-20-05-13-13.52
Ok, so I had a little help with this one. I’m all for women doing it for themselves, but when it comes to power tools of this dimension I’m not too proud to ask for help. But I supervised – and painted the roof tops myself ;)
Photo-20-05-13-13.51
I chose white, charcoal, peach and neon orange to add a little sass! If you want something more suttle, go with soft pastels or black, white and greys. Anything goes, so pick your favourite colours.
Photo-20-05-13-16.48
Photo-20-05-13-16.53
Photo-20-05-13-16.50
Photo-20-05-13-16.45
© thatnordicfeeling

• Reply Kate Oliver May 24, 2013 at 15:11

Oh Rikke. These are amazing!!! I want to make some! You’re so clever. So simple, so lovely.

Reply Rikke May 24, 2013 at 23:39

Thank you Kate. They turned out just like I had imagined – am very pleased :) You should def give it a go.

• Reply Astrid June 12, 2013 at 04:14

Amazing! So classy. We made a few with a hacked up 2×4 that are put to shame by these beauts!

Reply Rikke June 12, 2013 at 06:46

Hehe, thank you Astrid. Gotta love a good DIY! :-)

• Reply Emma June 14, 2013 at 16:49

I LOVE your flooring!! Please tell how you made them like that. White lye pine floor?
    Best, Emma

Reply Rikke June 14, 2013 at 21:36

Hi Emma.

Thank you. Can you believe the floors are 113 years old! They are pine hard wood floors and they are stained with white oil – did it myself. Resonably easy to keep.

Rikke

• Reply New in | thatnordicfeeling June 21, 2013 at 13:56

[…] produced by the Danish design brand &Tradition. The little houses are a DIY project – take a look here if you want to see more and feel inspired to make your […]

• Reply Høytrykk June 29, 2013 at 20:03

Disse husene var så fine! Sånne fikk jeg også lyst til å lage. Vel, få min mann til å sage. Helt enig med deg, visse ting er det lov å spørre om hjelp til. ;)

Reply Rikke July 2, 2013 at 11:37

Hehe, man må altid spørge om hjælp! Og dejligt, at du kunne bruge inspirationen Trine – jeg glæder mig til at se resultatet, når de bliver færdige.

Klem, R

• Reply Mini house make over | thatnordicfeeling October 9, 2013 at 07:30

[…] the little town houses I made myself? I decided to give them a makeover. Grey is very high on my list right now and it is […]

• Reply Asta Ojvind October 31, 2013 at 10:17

Wow, what a blog you have and some super DIY stuff. Just found your blog. Where do you buy ege træ in Denmark? I want to make these for my mum for this Xmas…

Reply Rikke October 31, 2013 at 10:42

Mange tak – dejligt at du har fundet inspiration her. Jeg købte stolpen af egetræ i et byggemarked, kan desværre ikke huske hvilket. Prøv at forhøre dig i dit lokale byggemarked, de bør kunne hjælpe :)

What's on your mind? We love to hear from you!