I’m dreaming of a white home

October 27, 2013
All white via that nordic feeling

All white via that nordic feeling

White is the new black. At least in the world of home decor. More and more all white styling and decor are popping up all over the decorating scene – and I’m loving it! I find myself looking at the pictures and dream of a pure, white, calm, minimalistic home. Clutter free and calmness all around – ahhh. But in reality I would probably go nuts if I did live in an all white home – a girl can dream, can’t she?

I am drawn to the calm and clean expression. Deep down inside I am a minimalist – but I also love pretty things! And they take up room and need a place to be displayed – ergo the minimalist must compromise. I try to find the balance somewhere in between. Sometimes the minimalist takes over and I go through the house and stuff things in drawers and cupboards, when I feel like there are too much stuff around me.

And as much as I love white I do love a hint of colour too. My favourites are shades of grey, dusty pastels and a touch of black to break up the girly feel. Colour has actually been proven to have en effect on our mood.

So I guess the real challenge is to find the right compromise between white and colour and the right amount of things. For now I will settle with giving my String pocket shelf a white makeover.

How do you feel about all white?

All white via that nordic feeling
Source

follow that nordic feeling with bloglovin’ ♥ | like that nordic feeling on Facebook

• Reply Hanne October 27, 2013 at 18:07

Hej Rikke
    Hvor er de små Myrtetræer fine på reolen.
    Husk de skal have lys og kærlighed.
    Kærlighed er jeg sikker på at de får af dig, men lys er også vigtig.

Knus
    Mor :-)

Reply Rikke October 30, 2013 at 16:15

Hej Mutti. Hvor hyggeligt at du har kommenteret på bloggen :) Jeg passer godt på de fine, små tæer, som jeg er super glad for.

Køs!

• Reply Katerina October 27, 2013 at 19:31

My house is all about white too and it’s transitioning more and more towards more white! Although a dab of black and grey and some pal colors always compliment all white spaces without resulting in too much clutter.

Hugs,

Katerina

Reply Rikke October 30, 2013 at 16:16

I couldn’t agree more! So nice to hear I am not the only one craving white with white on top! ;-)

Rikke x

• Reply Amanda October 27, 2013 at 20:27

I Totally share this feeling. I also love whites but have too much ‘pretty’ things that take up space.
    It’s a difficult combination but slowly i’m starting to get the hang of it.
    White Storage boxes are a nice way to clean up the clutter.

Reply Rikke October 30, 2013 at 16:18

It’s all about balance isn’t it? Pretty things – but not too many pretty things, White without it getting too white. Good to hear I am not alone!

:) Rikke

• Reply White is the new black | thatnordicfeeling October 28, 2013 at 07:31

[…] you catch yesterday’s post about white being the new black? Then you know, that I dream of a white, white house at the moment. […]

• Reply Cat @ Studio Hunting Bears October 31, 2013 at 09:33

I think I’ve just answered this on your other post! Going backwards as usual.

Totally agree… I’m drawn to all white pics but in reality don’t think it would work for me. There are many styling techniques for photographs that I love but when I think about it for my home it just makes me recoil. I love the shabby, industrial look with rough walls but in reality it would put me on edge as it would not feel clean. I wish I could be a minimalist but family life doesn’t help with that.

I’m so happy that I have started to get rid of everything that doesn’t belong and to me it’s feeling more manageable and in my own little way, minimalist. It’s paperwork and Lucas’s little bits of stuff and toys that get in the way but I am learning to find solutions and one day I will be happier with how my home feels. As long as it’s tidy and easy to clean then that’s a total bonus. Time is not on my side these days with all that I have to do. I shall keep on Apartment Dieting! x