New in: mid-century coffee table

October 30, 2013
that nordic feeling

that nordic feeling

I was emptying my camara and realised, that I have never shown you these photos. I took them a few weeks ago to show you my new coffee table. It’s a thrifted mid-century wood table from the 50’s – my favourite design era.

that nordic feeling

that nordic feeling

that nordic feeling

It is in need of a little TLC. I plan to sand it down and give it a fresh coat of matte varnish to protect the wood from water strains and coffee cup rings. Also; Check out those gorgeous sun spots! Summer, I miss you x

that nordic feeling

that nordic feeling

that nordic feeling

I love the contrast to the new Normann Copenhagen Tablo table – they compliment each other in hight, colour and shape. It was a lucky find! Thrifting rocks. Have you made some good thrift finds lately?

Btw the blog is now on facebook in case you haven’t heard. Feel free to like us – I promise to inspire you with great links, tips, photos, competitions and more – thank you x

follow that nordic feeling with bloglovin’ ♥ | like that nordic feeling on Facebook

• Reply Amalia October 30, 2013 at 15:56

Hello, Rikke! I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and I love looking to see the updates in your new place. The new table is a beauty!

Your mention of refinishing caught my attention too. Can you suggest any matte varnishes that can be purchased in the US or Canada?

Reply Rikke October 30, 2013 at 16:12

Hi Amalia! Thank you for stopping by – I am so happy to hear you are enjoying the posts on my new home :)

I would suggest you have a talk with your local hardware store. The varnish I have bought is a water-based acryllic silk-matte varnish for floors – it will protect the table without leaving a super shiny surface, like a regular varnish would do. Hope this helps!

Rikke

• Reply Amalia October 30, 2013 at 20:55

Thanks for tip, Rikke! I’ll use your description “water based acryllic” as I continue my hunt on this side of the pond :)

Reply Rikke October 30, 2013 at 21:19

Happy to help! Hope you can find something. If all fails, send me an email and perhaps I can send you some by post or help you find a Danish webshop that delivers overseas.

• Reply Elin November 12, 2013 at 14:06

Hi.

I just came across you blog via instagram and I am so excited. Your blog is beautiful.
    Can you please tell me what size your KBNHAVN poster is?

Thank you.
    I am looking forward to follow you.

– Elin

• Reply Via that nordic feeling | interiors-designed.com January 12, 2014 at 22:18

[…] Source […]

• Reply Marsha January 20, 2014 at 23:45

Can you please tell me where you got the white square candle holder from? Who makes it. Your decor is spot on my style. Kudos to you.

Reply Rikke January 22, 2014 at 20:30

Thank you :) It is a Kubus candle holder from byLassen.

• Reply Time for a change | that nordic feeling August 12, 2014 at 11:48

[…] started my summer holidays with rearranging the furniture in the living room. The sofa is now back where it started, the Montana bookcase is up on a new wall and the TV […]

• Reply Pei January 19, 2015 at 00:51

I am looking for a grey sectional sofa that kind of looks like yours in the picture. Would you mind share with me where did you get yours?

Thanks!

• Reply Sara Mattson August 13, 2015 at 05:00

I would love to find out where I can source the back side table with the handle. I’ve been searching endlessly for an online site to buy one!

Reply Rikke August 13, 2015 at 08:50

It’s called Don’t Leave Me by Hay :)

• Reply Sara Mattson August 13, 2015 at 16:11

You are a doll!! Just ordered two!

Reply Rikke August 13, 2015 at 16:16

Yeay! You’re welcome x

What's on your mind? We love to hear from you!