Storage

January 9, 2014
that nordic feeling | storage

that nordic feeling | storage
I haven’t shown you this part of my living room yet. I needed a storage solution to keep books (I have a ton!), vases (I have a ton of those too!), candles and what not. I wanted a neutral solution so that focus would be on the things I put on the top to decorate and not on all the things I am storing.
that nordic feeling | storage
As much as I love a big open bookcase – I even had one in my old home – it has a tendency to look messy. Books in various colours and shapes – even if colour coordinated as I am always preaching to my friends – was just a little too colourful for the look and feel I wanted for my living room.

Maybe I will get a big bookcase in my next home. I secretly dream of a big study where I can surround myself with all my books and all my DIY projects.
that nordic feeling | storage

that nordic feeling | storage
The cupboards are Bestå from IKEA. I would have loved a wall full of Montana, but as I had just bought an apartment and needed to buy furniture and decorate the whole thing, IKEA had to do. And I like it! It works well, I think – and I did get my Montana on this wall.
that nordic feeling | storage
I’ve already changed the arrangement on the top since I shot these photos (what else is new).

Want to see more of my living room? Check out this post and click on the tag ‘livingroom’ right at the bottom of this post. I am still waiting for my new dining table to complete the room. I have a temporary one, but it is not worth showing here. I promise to do a tour, when the last pieces come together.

follow that nordic feeling with bloglovin’ ♥ | like that nordic feeling on facebook

• Reply Sara January 9, 2014 at 14:27

Jeg synes virkelig også de skabe gør det godt – også selvom det ikke er Montana. :)

Reply Rikke January 9, 2014 at 23:07

Tak :) Jeg er også rigtig glad for løsningen. Det blev lige som jeg ville have det :)

• Reply Jane January 10, 2014 at 16:08

Det er da lige sådan en løsning jeg har ledt efter! Er det dem der hedder Opbevaring med låge?
    Det ser så godt ud med alle de fine ting oven på og en god måde at have frihed til at bytte billeder ud lidt efter når man ikke hænger dem på væggen! Så smart :)

Reply Rikke January 10, 2014 at 16:10

Ja, det er super smart. Især fordi jeg flytter rundt på billeder og rammer ret tit :)

• Reply Anne January 13, 2014 at 21:21

Hvor er det fint :) Er det enkel reoler – som du har sat sammen ? Og hvilken størrelse har de?

Reply Rikke January 13, 2014 at 21:42

Du kan bruge begge dele – så længe de bliver sat på række :)

• Reply Uila January 15, 2014 at 09:17

Which size are your bestas? Do they have the glossy doors? I have been thinking of buying some of them for my living room for a while now for storing everything I don’t want exposed, seeing a wall of them like that has convinced me!

Reply Rikke January 15, 2014 at 09:48

I can’t remember the size – I’m sure you can find it on IKEA’s web page. Mine are the non glossy, but I’ve had the glossy ones before. Choose whatever ones you like :)

• Reply cat @ studiohuntingbears January 17, 2014 at 20:43

I’m a big fan of closed storage. Mainly because I can’t control the overflow of toys and need to just close the doors to declutter! Besta units for Ikea are brilliant and a great price for such a large amount of storage. Really nice to see another part of your home Rikke… it’s coming together beautifully. x

Reply Rikke January 19, 2014 at 16:51

I wanted a wall of these for so long – but I knew that I was planning to put my old apartment up for sale, so it made no sense starting the project then. Luckily the new apartment had a wall screaming for these. I love it – and like you I hate clutter.

Thank you! Still a few projects left, but Rome wasn’t build in a day ;) Hopefully you will see for yourself come summer xx

• Reply Søren January 17, 2016 at 21:14

Hi, looks very nice. How did you manage to hang the cupboards on the wall?