Time for a change

August 12, 2014

Things never stay the same around here for long. I’ve always been like this even as a kid I liked to move around the furniture and redecorate my room. So I started my summer holidays with rearranging the furniture in the living room. The sofa is now back where it started, the Montana bookcase is up on a new wall and the TV too.

I’ve been filling out holes and painting the patches and the walls are looking good again. I have a lot of new ideas. I want to make a new picture wall, so the hunt for new posters and prints is on – know any good artist, I should have a look at?

Today is all about getting things into its new places and sorting out cords (the nightmare of rearranging) – right now it’s a mess! I’ll show you more soon.

Happy day, guys x

DSC_0082

The Kristina Krogh poster I blogged about here is finally up on the wall.

Home via that nordic feeling

Want a lamp like that? Here’s my DIY guide to making the wall lamp.

Home via that nordic feeling

Roses from our garden at the summer house that I picked this weekend.

• Reply Johanne Dueholm August 12, 2014 at 13:05

Haha, det lyder som om, vi står i samme situation. Min jagt på den perfekte billedvæg er også sat ind. Jeg glæder mig til at se, hvad du finder på :-)

Reply Rikke August 12, 2014 at 21:27

Det er en evig jagt. Det står aldrig stille herhjemme :)

• Reply STYLONYM August 12, 2014 at 13:55

Looks gorgeous!

X STYLONYM http://www.stylonym.blogspot.com

• Reply Nele84 August 12, 2014 at 14:34

Your blog (or house actually) is such a great inspiration for me! I will move to my new apartment in november and I will make it look al little bit like yours :).

Reply Rikke August 12, 2014 at 21:32

Thank you so much! I am always happy to hear, that others find inspiration in my world here on the blog. Makes it totally worth all the hours I put it. So thank you – and best of luck with your new venture and home <3

• Reply Melafrique August 12, 2014 at 19:09

Love your home always

Reply Rikke August 12, 2014 at 21:26

Thank you Mel – you’re so kind. Always. xx

• Reply Plant mania - that nordic feeling August 13, 2014 at 08:31

[…] I told you yesterday, I’ve been moving the furniture around (again). I want to create a new picture wall too, and while this is going on, the frames are taking […]

• Reply Reflection - new mirror on the wall - that nordic feeling March 6, 2015 at 08:31

[…] This is what the space looked like before, the reference for the book case is right here and the hook is a Dot by Muuto. […]

• Reply jminayeva June 4, 2015 at 00:05

Oh my, I’m so happy I found your blog!!! I’m planning on starting a coffee shop this next year, and am so inspired by nordic interior design. i’ve had the hardest time finding pictures that capture my vision, and yours are so helpful in developing my brand for a shop that’s homey, but contemporary focused on natural light and simplicity. love it!