Plant mania

August 13, 2014
Plants via that nordic feeling

I’ve gone green. Maybe summer and sunshine has gone to my head, but I’ve been craving plants – and lots of them – lately. So I went plant shopping this weekend and came home with a bunch of new ones, mostly succulents. I also bought a new Corokia tree (it’s the big one that looks like it’s straight out of Lord of the Rings). This is the third one I get (3 is the charm, right?). I hope I can keep this one alive. It’s the only plant I’ve ever managed to kill apart from a few herbs here and there. I am usually known for my green thumb, so I have to give it another try. If this one doesn’t make it, I’ll give up.

As I told you yesterday, I’ve been moving the furniture around (again). I want to create a new picture wall too, and while this is going on, the frames are taking up some of the room, where I want to put the plants. So they are a bit squeezed together. But I decided to arrange them anyway yesterday as I was cleaning up and getting everything into its right place after the rearrangement. I love all this green!

Btw, someone asked to see, what the living room looked like before I moved the furniture back. Check this and this post.

Plants via that nordic feeling

Plants via that nordic feeling

Plants via that nordic feeling

Plants via that nordic feeling

Plants via that nordic feeling

Andy Warhol poster: Moderna Museet / birds: Architectmade / candle: Granit / tray: Nur Design / matches: Lagerhaus

• Reply Karlijn August 13, 2014 at 11:46

Ha, ‘you’ve gone green’. That’s sounds so cool! I don’t have a really green thumb eather but i am learning :) And hé, my succulents are still alive :) They look nice in your house and i’m sure you will keep them alive!

Reply Rikke August 13, 2014 at 20:07

Hehe, I am actually quite good with plants (usually). But not the Corokia – I am hoping third time is the charm :))

• Reply Marie August 13, 2014 at 22:28

Jeg er også gået plante-amok! Hehe. De har mange flotte planter i IKEA til ingen penge. Og nogle søde potter til, hvis du en dag får lyst til lidt mere kulør? Jeg har malet flotte guldtrekanter på mine – se her http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=3244246549&group=0&frame_type=b&blog=12631269&frame=1&click=0&user=0 :-)

• Reply Anne August 20, 2014 at 10:58

Hvor finder du alle de smukke potter henne? :)

Reply Rikke August 20, 2014 at 10:59

Nogle af dem har jeg haft i årevis, andre har jeg købt på en gård i Rørvig. Det er ganske almindelige lerpotter :)

• Reply Updated bedroom - that nordic feeling October 22, 2014 at 21:19

[…] mum of one of my co-workers. She reads the blog and was inspired to buy new plants after reading this post. She sent me the plant as a thank you for the inspiration. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?! It […]

• Reply Urban gardening // Let it grow! | that nordic feeling April 27, 2015 at 09:41

[…] and flowers around me. I’ve shared my love of green plants with you before. Take a look at this post if you are looking for tips to style your plants (btw my Corakia tree is still alive and well – third time was the charm!) and this post if […]