The perfect frame

November 10, 2014
MOEBE frame via that nordic feeling

MOEBE frame via that nordic feelingMOEBE frame via that nordic feeling

Sometimes the simplest of things are the best. The regular readers will know that I have a preference for simple yet elegant design without any fuss. So when I first saw this frame by MOEBE, it was love at first sight.

MOEBE is a Scandinavian design brand based in Copenhagen, founded by cabinetmaker Anders Thams and architect Martin D. Christensen. The frame is simply put together by four pieces of oak and two pieces of plexiglass and held together by a rubber band. It does not come more simple than that. And the result is genius.

MOEBE frame via that nordic feelingMOEBE frame via that nordic feeling

Need I say I’m a fan? I bought one a few moths ago and I am very pleased with it. Recently I’ve experimented with natures beautiful props in all of autumn’s glory, but I’ve also used it to frame a print – check this DIY guide to rocking a picture wall to see more.

MOEBE frame via that nordic feeling

I will definitely need to add another one to my collection at some point. Get you own right here.

• Reply Karlijn November 10, 2014 at 11:16

Holy moly how beautiful?! This is so so nice. I hope they ship to the Netherlands :)

• Reply Livsglimt November 10, 2014 at 12:09

Jeg havde det på helt samme måde. Ønsker mig et par stykker i julegave!

• Reply kakałoo blog November 11, 2014 at 10:26

These frames look very nice. I like them very much.
    Warm greetings from Poland :)

• Reply Cat | The Triple Triangle November 18, 2014 at 16:57

OMG I seriously need some of these. What a genius idea. x

• Reply Susan Elliott April 20, 2015 at 03:58

I have an older version — dark stain — 7.5 by 9 inches. The rubber banding broke. Is there somewhere I can order another band?

Reply Rikke April 20, 2015 at 07:29

Moebe is new, so your frame must be from another place. You will have to contact them directly to ask.

• Reply Cozying up for Fall | that nordic feeling October 8, 2015 at 08:31

[…] To celebrate the new season and embrace the beautiful colour scheme I went for a little walk in my neighbourhood and collected a few of the fallen leaves. I framed them in this genius frame – it’s become somewhat of a tradition. […]