Summer is here! Although we are still waiting for the temperature to catch up. So Instead of a June list I thought I ‘d share my summer list. After all a new season is upon us – and it’s my favourite one. What’s on your summer list?
This song always gets me into the summer spirit (take a moment to dig the clothes, the hair, the moves – Madonna hat it going on in 1983!!)
Rikke’s summer list
- I can’t wait to wear sandals and bare legs. Don’t you love how easy it is to get dressed during summer? A cute dress, some sandals, a few bracelets and a pair of sunnies, and you’re good to go. No standing in front of the wardrobe in the morning trying to figure out what shirt goes with what skirt. LOVE!
- Lots of beach trips! And I mean lots. I am lucky to live near Copenhagen’s amazing beach park and the summer house is close to the beach too. Yay! Check my guide for going swimming in Copenhagen if you want in on the action.
- I can’t wait for the elderflowers to bloom. As soon as they do I am making homemade elderflower cordial – my absolute favourite summer drink. Check my recipe right here.
- Anything rhubarb! I love rhubarbs and I se them for desserts as often as I can. It happens to be rhubarb season right now, so I’ll be making Rhubarb Crumble and Trifle – yum!
- Summer is also strawberry season and I want to eat Danish, organic strawberries for every meal. Or at least once a day, every day.
- Long Sunday mornings in bed surrounded by crispy papers and coffee and sun strikes peeping in from the open window. And gluten-free blueberry pancakes served in bed. That’s summer to me.
- Trips to the summer house. Barbecues on the terrace, cold white wine on the side and the sun setting behind the trees. Ahhh…
- Brunch at my favourite place in Copenhagen. It’s been too long since I last went.
- As many Ice-cream popsicles as I can possible eat. These are the best homemade popsicles in town!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE summer and cannot wait for the summer holidays to get here – and warmer weather too, pretty please. This is what my summer looked like in 2013 – more of that, please!
If you want more summer inspiration, check out my summer board on Pinterest:
♥ Follow that nordic feeling on: bloglovin' | facebook | instagram | twitter | pinterest